Insurance agents are always willing to aid in the review process and advise you on your insurance needs and how best to be covered in case of a flood.
But did you know that, along with inspections and issuing permits, the Building Department offers residents of Bayville the opportunity to learn more about their property.
If you are curious about the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) or what your zone is, and what that zone means, just stop in. Also, click on the links below for more information pertaining to flood protection assistance, which will help you to determine the best way to protect your property in the event of flooding in your area.
It’s always a good idea to review your homeowner’s insurance policy for coverage, limits, and deductibles.
- NFIP Flood Insurance Claims Handbook
- FEMA – Why You Need Flood Insurance
- Bayville Flooding Resources & Reference Material
- Disaster Preparedness Information
- Nassau County Flood Hazard Mapping Status Report for Property Owners
- Swift911 portal for real-time emergency notifications
- Stormwater management