Your Privacy & Website Security
Please be aware that email sent to Village of Bayville may, under certain circumstances, be considered public information and as such be eligible for request under the Freedom of Information Act (application can be accessed by clicking online forms).
In an effort to protect interactive participant’s anonymity, Village of Bayville makes a concentrated effort not to display email address directly on our website. Individual email address, where technically possible, are stored within a database that can only be accessed by an authorized program.
We do collect some technical information when you visit our website. The information is used to help make your visit seamless. The section below explains how we handle and collect technical information when you visit our website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on Bayvilleny.gov includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public or private organizations. Bayvilleny.gov provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving Bayvilleny.gov and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- Bayvilleny.gov does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Bayvilleny.gov does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The Bayvilleny.gov site cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Bayvilleny.gov is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- Bayvilleny.gov does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Bayvilleny. gov Linking Policy
Bayvilleny.gov links to many websites created and maintained by other public and private organizations as well as individuals. The Bayvilleny.gov site provides these links as a service to our users. When users link to an outside website, they are leaving the Bayvilleny.gov site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s).
Bayvilleny.gov will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, Bayvilleny.gov reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with Bayvilleny.gov site mission or policies.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our web server employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction on a monthly basis.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on our server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
When you visit some websites, their webservers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at the Bayvilleny.gov website, where we only use non-persistent cookies or “per-session cookies.” These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes, providing seamless navigation through the bayvilleny.gov website. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. The Bayvilleny.gov cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information – such as filling out a Contact Us form with personal information and submitting it to us through the website — we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We only share the information you give us with an appropriate department and individual if your inquiry relates to that department, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. Bayvilleny.gov never collects information for commercial marketing.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse, read pages or download information on the Village of Bayville website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website.
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit.
- If you linked to the Bayvilleny.gov website from another website, the address of that website.
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.